What are those buttons on the left-hand side?
The Accessibility Toolbar (modified from the a11y toolbar created by Chris Rodriguez) was added to help make our site easier to use for a wide range of people.
|Toggle High Contrast||Increase the contrast between foreground and background colours|
|Toggle Greyscale||View the page desaturated (i.e. in black and white)|
|Toggle Text Zoom||Increase text size without using keyboard shortcuts|
This website is designed to conform to Level A of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, although we aim to satisfy Level AA wherever possible.
What is Web Accessibility?
The main goal is to make the website usable by as many people as possible. This means the following must be considered:
- Different abilities / limitations such as vision or hearing
- Different devices, browsers and languages
- Ease of use for all visitors
Some of the ways we try to make our site more accessible
- Providing information in the code for screen readers and other assistive technologies
- Maintaining a level of contrast between foreground and background colours of least least 4.5:1
- Ensuring text can be resized to 200%
However, please note that this website is not tested for compatibility with Internet Explorer 9.0 and below.
Please contact us if you have trouble accessing any of our content. It would help us greatly if you include the following information:
- Device (PC, smart phone, or tablet)
- Operating system and version
- Browser and version
- The specific problem you have experienced